- New and improved Gen2.1 Disaster Prevention Kit
- Safeguards fuel injectors, rails, lines, and tank from CP4 debris
- All OE-style quick connects (easy install)
- Fuel supply split-off 25 inches away from the CP4 pump
- Return filter isolates CP4 debris before it goes on to the tank
- Gen2.1 billet filter head accepts standard spin-on fuel filters
- Comes with Donaldson P550943 fuel filter (9-micron at 99% efficiency)
- One part number fits all years (2011+)
- Improves CP4 output past 3,000 RPM (see data below)
- Made in the USA
S&S Diesel Motorsport, the creator of the original Disaster Prevention Kit for the 6.7 Power Stroke, is at it again with a much-improved second generation kit. Since its debut in 2016, the original S&S 6.7L Power Stroke CP4 Bypass Kit (Disaster Prevention Kit) has safeguarded thousands of injectors from CP4 debris. In fact, it works so well that it has been copied by multiple opportunists within the aftermarket. Being a company founded by fuel system engineers, S&S Diesel Motorsport has the ability, and responsibility, to offer the best solutions to fuel system problems. While the original bypass kit offers really good protection from a CP4 failure, the last four years have given the S&S engineers plenty of time to discover and eliminate potential problems.
The S&S Diesel Motorsport Gen2.1 6.7L Power Stroke CP4 Bypass Kit features all quick connect lines that will eliminate the need for cutting the factory supply line, which is a debris introduction point, especially if the cut is not thoroughly deburred. It also eliminates the need to use a compression fitting, which is a potential leak point. The OE-style quick connect lines also eliminate any threaded joints that are further leak points and have the potential of generating debris during install.
The main task of both kits is to supply the CP4 case and the metering unit/plungers independently with clean, filtered fuel, and to reroute case fuel back to the tank. There are two major improvements in how the Gen2.1 kit accomplishes it. The Gen2.1 fuel supply is split off into two separate lines 25 inches from the CP4, which will eliminate the chance of contaminated case fuel back-feeding into the clean fuel supply line. The original bypass kit splits off within an inch of the pump, and is more susceptible to debris back-feeding, if the CP4 failure produces enough debris to clog the fuel return system.